Saturday, July 28, 2012

Piano Birthday Card

Ok,  I needed a card for my piano playing friend,  Tomorrow is her birthday and I was trying to imagine how I could make a piano.  This is what I came up with.  I love it but I think this could be a really cute card if I was to put the saying,  "Just a Note"  on the top.  What do you think.  But for now its a birthday card.  Now,  once again I am using mostly punches on this card.  I love punches.  I have fun figuring out how I can make this or that.  So on to the card for the day.

Real Red cardstock   105130
Whisper White card stock  100730 (1 piece cut 5 1/2 x 4 1/4)
Basic Black card stock  121045
Polka Dot Parade Designer paper 126902-1 piece cut 5 1/4 x 4 1/8
Word Window punch 119857 (11 punches of white & 7 punches of black)
Top Note Bigz 113463  (1 cut out of black)
Music Notes roller stamp  120327  
Whisper White 3 /8" Taffeta Ribbon  109070
Basic Black classic ink pad  126980
Real Red classic ink pad 126949
Stampin' Dimensionals  104430
Glue dots  103683
snail   104332   refill  104331

1st I ran my Musical Notes across the page.  Just be sure to keep the lines straight.  Next, I added the ribbon to the polka dot paper.  Cut out the Top Note out of black and cut it in half from point to point (lengthwise)  Set aside the top half of the note.  Punch out all of your white & black punches from the window word punch.  You can then start taping down the piano keys. (its OK if they hang over the top of the Top Note. The other piece will covered it up).  Then add the black keys -Just like on a piano. Tape down the top Black piece from the Top Note to cover the top of the keys. Choose the saying you would like.  Stamp it & layer it with a red piece then a white piece and the saying on top.  Add a bow to the side of the card with a glue dot and your done. 
Hope you like it!  This is going to be a perfect card for my friend tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment