Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For My Valentine

So here is my thinking.  I have been making so many Valentines I decide the other day I would begin making St. Patrick's day cards & crafts.  And that is what I've been doing.  I have my St. Patrick's day
class just about finished so I can post it this weekend.  I hope you can come.  But then today I realized I hadn't made a card for my husband.  So I started thinking and what could be a better thing than candy.  And my Blossoms Builder Petal Punch #121808- $16.95 on page 185 (in the big catalog) not only makes leaves but it can make perfect Hershey's Kisses.  And I don't think anyone likes candy more than my husband.  So this is what I came up with.  I hope you like it.

I used Very Vanilla  #101650, Real Red #102482, & Early Espresso c /s #119686.  The embellishments are from the Artisan Embellishments Kit pg 10 in the new catalog # 129328- $$9.95.  The Kisses I made using my Blossoms Builder punch and the flowers are from the new catalog pg 5,  5/8" Flower Trim #126869 $6.95.  (the leaves are from the builder punch also).  The Love you is a framelit called Bitty Banners Framelits #129267  $14.95 pg 191 in the big catalog. Itty Bitty Banners Stamp set on pg 134 goes with these framelits #126255 (w) or #126257 (c).

I made the Kisses by punching about 1/2 of the large blossom in the Blossom punch.  I decided to make mine white choclolate with chocolate swirls in each one(my husbands favorite).   I cut out 1 kiss out of Early Espresso c/s and cut very small lines to make the swirls.  It worked very well and was quite easy.  I used tissue paper to stamp the Love you saying andt hen cut  out the Love you with my Framelits and used a glue dot to adhere it to the top of the kiss.    Then I took some aluminum foil and crushed it gently- then covered the kiss. (each kiss got less aluminum foil so you could see the swirls.    I used dimensionals  to pop up the kisses. 
Really not to hard and PERFECT for my Husband. 

I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Really cute! I love that you made candy and that's what your hubby likes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Love the tissue tag.

    ReplyDelete