Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NEW Dress Pop n Cut Shadow box

Hi Everyone,  I have taken a week off of posting,  I have had many of you asking where I have been.  Well,  I am back.  Let me tell you.  My husband and my daughter have been in London for the past 8 days.  Ali's school -Cascade Christian- has trips the kids can take for I-term and going to London and Paris was one of the trips.  What fun they have had.  The weather has been all over the board but it didn't stop them from going and seeing most of London.  Today, they left for Paris and will be coming home at the end of the week.
I stayed home.  Me and my herd of animals.  By the time you board all of my herd it costs about the same as me going so I opted out of this trip and I got to redecorate Alis room and do many things I could get done with everyone here.  And I have just about finished.  Plus,  I got to play a little with my girlfriends.  You know what I am talking about.  Lunches, shopping,  days of leisure,  and whatever it is I wanted to do.  The only down day I have had was Sunday and I did NOTHING!.  But with that being said I do want to share with you what I have made and I just love it and I know Ali is going to love it too.  Now remember she hasn't seen it and since she doesn't have internet there I know I can post it and she will not see it so she'll be totally surprised!  I can't wait to see her face.

 Before they left I bought the new Dress Pop n Cuts.  I just love it!  You can make cards that pop out,  (I have altered them to put other things inside of the cards to have them pop out also)  or you can make shadow boxes.  So many other things you can do with them.  Also, you can use just about anything you want to make the dresses and you don't have to just use the framelits.  Let me show you what I made for my world traveler.



On the tube-  snowing outside and catching a few winks.  These guys never stop.  They are seeing everything and doing everything.  Can't wait to hear all about there trip. 










All 5 dresses have lots of details.
It's hard to see but the black is polka dots in black glitter and I used cupcake liners for the skirt.   The  pink is pink & green tulle and  I added pink & green pearls throughout the skirt.

The skirt is all different layers of paper that has been glittered.  The pink top has pearls and glitter.

The layers and layers of pleats are made from a cupcake liner .  Black diamond belt and accent neck line.

Stampin' Up's 5/8" floral  trim in the New Spring Catalog.  I love this.  You can color it, add rhinestones to the center, put some together and make a bouquet, and if you heat them with your heat gun you get a totally different look.  I love these!
Let me know what you think.  I love to read your comments.  I will be posting more but now I'm off to stamp with my girlfriends.  Enjoy your day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty amazing project, Cheryl! I love all of the details, and your daughter will be WOWed.

    ReplyDelete