Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Little Valentine .....was a Favorite at Splitcoast stampers week ending Feb 16th

Well,  last night we had snow.  Lot's and lot's of snow.   So guess what.....yep, another Valentines card.  I have been thinking about doing a ladybug card for a while.  And Valentines day seemed a great time to do just that.  Here is what I used...

Whisper White c/s   1- 4 1/4 x 11   1-4 x 5 1/4
Real Red c/s  1- 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
scrap Garden Green paper for grass
Basic Black scrap -for antena's and scallop edging
Polka Dot Parade DSP for bottom of the card
Aluminum foil -embossed with the  NEW Decorative Dots embossing folder in the new Sale-A-Bration catalog pg13 item #133520
 (I wrapped it around the 4 x 5 1/4 c/s and then ran it thru the Big shot then wrapped the edges under the c/s and glued them down)- (be sure to cut bigger that what you want it to be in case it tears)

The hearts are from the owl punch  pg 183  #118074  $16.95
Tea Lack Paper Doilies  pg 156  #129399  $2./95 24 doilies per pkg
1-  1 3/4 " circle punch (body) pg 182  #119850  $16.95  1 red & 1 black  (I used my crop a dile to  punch the 2 sizes of holes in the red one to make the spots)  Glued them together and cut off the bottom to make it flat.
1- 3/4" circle punch (head) pg 182  #119873  $12.95
Small Heart punch  pg 183  #117193 $5.95 
Scallop Trim Border punch  pg 181  #118402  $15.95
Rhinestone Basic Jewels  pg 171  #119246  $4.95
white ribbon (retired)
NEW Fringe Scissors -for the Grass-(Occasions catalog)   pg 31  #133325  $9.95

The face I used googly eyes I already had.  To make the mouth I took a scrap piece of  Real Red c/s and on the side I took my 3/4" circle punch and punched a 1/2 circle.  I then put my circle punch back into the same hole and I moved it up and down to see how big of a smile I wanted -then punched out a smile.  An easy way to make a smile-also you can do that with any size circle punch you have-I usually use the same size circle punch to make the smile as I do the head.

The antena's I cut out of a scrap piece of black and added a small circle on the tip to finish the ends.
I also added a very small strip of black to put at the bottom of the card.

Hope you enjoyed this  card.  Add a sentiment if you'd like.  I think this card could be for just about anything you would need it for just by changing the hearts to little presents, or flowers or whatever kind of card you need.

Hope you have a wonderful week.  Please leave me a comment it you enjoyed this card and don't forget to check out my new F/B page......Something 4 Everyone and please click "Like" if you like what you see. Thanks so much!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment