Thursday, September 1, 2016

Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine by Stampin’ Up!

What's a Sandwich?
Good question.  A sandwich is how you'll put together the various platforms, cutting pads, the die and paper to get the perfect cut with your Big Shot die cutting machine.  See below for two sandwich examples for Framelits and Thinlits:
Sandwich for most dies when cutting stamped images (Framelits, and less intricate Thinlits) 
Sandwich for intricate dies (mostly for Thinlits and some Framelits)
NOTE:  if you purchased your Big Shot prior to 6/1/2016, then substitute the Multipurpose Platform that came with your machine for the "Thin Die Adapter and Big Shot Platform" shown in the example above.

What's the difference between a Framelit and a Thinlit?
Another good question!  
  • Framelit is a die that has more of an "open" space that can be used to "frame" a stamped image (stamp first, then cut).  But can also be sure to just cut shapes.
  • Thinlit is a die that is used to cut shapes like packaging and other shapes.  Many thinlits have detailed intricate designs that may require the Precision Base Plate for a perfect cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment