Friday, January 20, 2017

A fun Valentines Card with tutorial

Today it was POURING here again in CA.  (and they said CA doesn't get any rain)...ha
For the last week we have gotten ALOT of the stuff that falls from the sky....and we certainly do need it.  So it lets me spend alot of time in my craft room making Valentines.  Here is the one I made today...and even though it looks like it took a long time to make-it didn't-it is one of the EASIEST cards I have made....and one of the ones I like the most.  
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=142815
 Stamp set I used it in the Newest Occasion Catalog on Page 14
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=142815



The Love Note Framelits are what goes with the stamp set.  pg 14 Occasions Catalog

https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=142752
To make this card:
*Cut the paper for whatever size card you want. 
(mine) Black cs  5 1/2 x 11
*Score @ 4 1/4
Inside paper
*Cut is 1/4 in smaller on height and width.
(mine) Melon Mambo 5 1/4 x 10 3/4

*To score this one:  I folded the MM in 1/2.  The on each side I folded it in to the middle like a little accordian.
*Decorate the front of the card

****Inside of the card****
I used a index card- folded it in 1/2.  On the middle fold I folded the index card over and marked it as big as I wanted the inside window to be and adjusted it to be as far down as I liked.  Penciled lightly around the  index card and then removed the IC and cut around the line.
*Be sure to use you bone folder on the score lines. 
Make some embellishments you want to hang in your window-you can even use stickers if you want.  Just be sure to have a front and back.  Then using the same color string as your back c/s tie a string in the middle of your embellishment and use a small piece of tape to hold it.  Add you back side then.  Do this with all the things you wish to hang in your window.  Before you attach your inside c/s add you embellishments to the top piece-now is when you can adjust the length of each embellishment.  Use a small piece of tape to attach each one.
Attach the front to the back of the card.  Glue or tape the sides only.  The middle will fold in and out with the card as you open & close it.
I hope you enjoy this card

* You can make this card any size you want by just adjusting the inside of you card down by 1/4" on height & width
*Be sure to do your decorating of both the outside of the card and the inside window before you put them together




Here are some of the things you can make with them below.

And there are MORE things you can make with the Framelits....I used them on my card.  
Love these sets.  You can find these on page 14 in the OC.  Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Have a wonderful weekend.  I will have more Valentines Monday....or maybe tomorrow- weather permitting. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment