Thursday, February 2, 2017

New way to make quick and easy cards without buying a thing....

Today I wanted to make some different cards and I wanted to make alot of different ones.  I was watching a lady on You Tube who made these cool backgrounds so I decided to give them a try.  Easy Peezy are the backgrounds.  And then all you have to do is add a couple embellishments and there you have it.  Need a thank you card- make them a thank you....Need a Birthday....make some birthday....whatever you need...you can do that using all your different stamps and ink pads.  
Here we go...

These are a few of the 8 cards I made in 35 minutes.
 Cut 8 pieces of  whisper white c/s cut to 4 x 5 1/4
 Cut 8 whisper white cards 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
score at 4 1/4
embossing folders
ink pads of your choice  (I used 4 colors on each paper) I used my little mini ink pads and even my big Stampin' Up pads..they all worked

To make the cards...
Using your embossing folders emboss each piece of 4 x 5 1/4 cs  (I made mine all different)
I picked out 4 different colors that all went together and starting from the lightest color I pulled the ink
pad top to bottom over the embossed image -making small 1 1/2" lines on the paper all the way across.  (Only pull downwards with the pads)
You can see I tried alot of different colors...even ones I didn't know if they would go together--and they did.
Do this with all 8 pieces of cs.
When your finished you will have beautiful  backgrounds you can embellish however you choose.
Glue or tape the c/s fronts to your cards and you will have many easy cards that look amazing.  
 
Tips
*When pulling the ink pads down your paper you don't have to cover the whole paper with one color ink.  Trust me some pads are juicier than other and you will get alot more ink on the c/s so just keep going. 
*If the pad is really juicy use your heating gun to dry in between each ink color.  This way your colors will show thru and you can get each color you use.
* The embossing folders I used where all different.  When you play with them you will see how different each one looks when you add the ink.  The one that I like the most is one I didn't think I would like at all.

Have fun using this technique....I am still having fun with this.  
I will post more tomorrow.

 SU embossing folder
Balloons SU punch
Words in the OC 2017
 Retired embossing folder
Saying is from the New OC 2017 on pg 14 & 15
retired SU embossing folder
I used rhinestones for embellishments 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment