Friday, January 2, 2015

So cute and Easy Valentines Card

Do you know when you need that  Valentines card.....but you don't have lots of time and you want the person who is receiving the card to know they are Special......well, here is a card that is Cute, Easy and has that bit of POP that everyone will think it was so hard to make.  I will tell you how to make that Cute/Special Valentine and you will see what I mean.


The Valentine heart stands up and is heavily embossed and has a beautiful shine to it that makes it POP off the paper.  And to make that all you need is to punch 6-8 hearts 9 I used the NEW SWEETHEART  punch on page 222 - #133786  $15.95 in the  A/C.  Glue all the layers together-one on top of the other.  I then just started adding color to the heart.  The paper I used was Real Red.  I used chocolate chip ink and dabed it randomly all over the heart.  I then used Gold Metallic Encore ink pg 211 in the A/C #132141  $9.95  and gold embossing powder on pg 213 A/C  #109129 $4.95.  Heat set it and before it dried completely I rubbed it with my finger to give it a rugged look.  Added some red ink and some more chocolate chip ink then some Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and rubbed it again with my finger.  It made this beautiful thick heart.  I used some more gold and daubed it and let it dry.  Then with the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen pg 211 A/C  #105021  $3.95 I highlited the edge of the heart. I then punched out a heart and layed it down on my card-where I wanted it and using the red dauber I inked around the place I was going to put the heart.  I then  popped it up using Stampin' Dimensional pg 204  #104430  $3.95.  Up close you can see all the different colors & how shinny, and pretty it is.  I am going to make another one tonite and add a pin to the back for someone to be able to remove it from the card and wear it.  The hearts I punched using the NEW Confetti Heart punch pg 5 #137415  $21.95.
I used the Filligree Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on pg 15 in the Holiday Catalog,  #135818  $7.95 to make the border on my card.  I love this embossing folder and it is only available until January5, 2014.  


Hope you liked this Valentine Card.  It was an easy and fun card-especially making the heart.  Try making one-you too will see how easy it is.  Just keep adding ink and embossing powders and ruff up the embossing powders with your finger.  As you keep adding the texture the embossing powders will change colors and pretty soon you will have a beautiful heart.  
Have a wonderful weekend!





2 comments: