Thursday, January 8, 2015

Valentines Day will be here sooner than we think.....so I made my lst Valentines card today

The NEW Occasions Catalog has about all the Special days covered.  And Valentines Day is first.
Today I sat down and made my lst Valentines card/treat holder.  I will be making this same card and  using them as Valentines Treat holders....Check out the card and then I will tell you how to change it up to make it into a treat holder.
This is a triangle card.  See at the bottom where I added a little flap for it to sit in.  
Then I added some Whisper White C/S so I could write on for my older kids.

 Here at the top or bottom of the Whisper White C/S I will add a piece of sticky strip and add a 
candy bar of some kind.  Now I have some candy and a message for that sweetheart of mine.
Instructions for my Valentines Card.


1 piece of Real Red C/S  #102482  pg 180 A/C
 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
score at 1/2", 2 1/2", 6 1/8"
Hearts Collection Framelits  #125599 pg 231 A/C
I used die # 2,3,4,5
I cut 2 of die #4  one in Real Red and the other in  Whisper White.
The smallest die #2 I cut 1 and then I laid it down on a piece of WW C/S and cut a white heart so high lite the Real Red heart.  The #4 heart I used the WW heart and cut the Real Red heart a little more than 1/2 and piece it on the outside of the WW to make a outline.  There is a small part where the paper is not along the side and I used Real Red ink to ink the edges.  The one polka dot heart is a WW heart cover in red & white tissue paper. (not Stampin' UP)
I used the Embossing folder that was in the Holiday Catalog 2014-15.  Filigree Frame I think was the name of it.  It embossed around the outside edges of the paper.
Lotus Blossom Stamp set  in the Sale-A-Bration catalog on pg 7 is the rose I used and and a stamp that has been gone is what I used for the love you saying.
You Plus Me Stamp Set pg 5 in the Occasions catalog  #137133 (w)  #138594 (C) is the Be Mine saying.  
Confetti Heart Border Punch is used inside the card and  the white hearts on the outside of the card are the hearts punched out of the inside paper.  
Whisper White Craft Ink  # 101731  pg 210  refill #101780 pg 210
Bone Folder  #102300 pg 214

I hope you liked this card.  I would be happy to answer any questions about this cards.  Let me know if I can be of any help to you.  
If you need a catalog and do not presently have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator I would be honored if you would give me a chance to help you.  Please feel free to contact me and I will get back to you quickly as possible.  
Thanks you!



No comments:

Post a Comment